We are a boutique immigration law firm. Our office is looking for a full-time legal assistant responsible for enhancing attorney and paralegal effectiveness by providing clerical support in a fast-paced environment.
We are willing to train the right person. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer PTO, sick pay and medical benefits after three-month probationary period.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with initial client interview to obtain relevant case information, managing calendars for attorneys
- Make meeting and event arrangement
- Prepare appropriate application forms before the Departments of Homeland Security, State, Justice and Labor
- Coordinate with client to assemble documentation
- Prepare procedural information and document checklist for client
- Coordinate with translation agency and review translation, or perform
Chinese to English translation occasionally
- Administer case management system, and track case status on a regular basis
- Prepare and update template documents
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Provide general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing and copying
- Run company’s errands to post office and office supply store, and maintain office supply
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be proficient in MS Office
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1+ year of hands on administrative support experience preferred
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize projects and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multitask and work with interruptions
- Knowledge in immigration law a plus but not required
- Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese is a plus but not required
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Interested candidate should email resume, cover letter and expected salary to info@songmenglaw. com.
Job Type: Full-time