phone icon626-339-9363

I-539 Change/Extension of Status

I-539 Change/Extension of Status

Certain individuals in nonimmigrant status may use Form I-539 to request USCIS for an extension of stay or a change to another nonimmigrant status.

Who May Use Form I-539

Examples of individuals qualified to submit this form include:

  • B-1 Visitor for Business
  • B-2 Visitor for Pleasure
  • Dependents of E1/E2/E3 Category Principals
  •  F-1 Academic Student (including reinstatement)
  • H-4 (Dependents of H temporary worker)
  • L-2 (Dependents of L1 intracompany transferee)
  • TD (Dependents of TN professional worker)

Additional Resources